Monday, May 5, 2008

IF - Nelson del Castillo

2 years ago, I was with Dominic at Bangkok's Siam Paragon when we heard this absolutely beautiful and haunting song. We went back to Siam Paragon everyday and the song was playing every single time. Neither one of us knew who it was by but we managed to note down snatches of the lyrics.

Eventually Dominic tracked down the song, it was called 'If' by Nelson Del Castillo a Filipino singer. I never managed to get a copy of the album so imagine my surprise when I found the song on Youtube recently.

Listening to the song again takes me back to the magical experience of hearing it for the first time in Bangkok. With all the travelling I've been doing and ahead of me, it amazes me that I have not found the time to visit my favourite city since Dec 2006.

I have not forgotten you Bangkok. Soon, I'll be there again I promise, soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alamak I can't see the vid cos the Turkish govt has banned YouTube YET AGAIN. So we can't see anything linked to YouTube even if it's on another site.

Someone prob posted videos of the police beating up demonstraters on 1st May thts why!!