Monday, May 5, 2008

All Things Paper

When you've been writing for a number of years, the novelty of seeing your work on television kinds of wear off. Especially when there is only one broadcaster in Singapore and you don't have much creative control over what you put on television.

Prior to last July, I haven't worked on any TV projects for well over a year. So imgaine my surprise when I got a call in Spain to work on a series for Channel News Asia. I had previously written only one show for CNA and it was quite a number of years ago so I was really excited at the opportunity to work on another one.

The company that called me (Very! Productions) was launching their very first TV production but Angie and Felicia, the gals behind Very! were experienced and as it turned out, very driven and creative.

From that one project, I came to work on a total of 4 series for CNA over the past year. Sure it was exhausting and many times I really wondered what I had gotten myself into when I had to juggle more than 1 series at the same time. But at the same time, it was an extremely fulfilling experience.

'All Things Paper' that very first series for Very! is ending its run on CNA this week. The last episode airs this Sunday, 11 May at 10.30pm. This episode also marks the debut of my voice on television. As 2 of our profiles spoke in Cantonese, the station needed us to do voice-overs in English using non-professionals. Despite my protests, Angie and Felicia had faith I could do it so my voice is going on TV haha!

Looking over my resume, there are not many shows that I can truly say I'm proud of and that's a testatment to the state of local TV today. But 'All Things Paper' is special to me and I'm proud of Angie and Felicia for producing such an awesome programme. Way to go gals!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I'm very proud of U too!!!!! BTW we are not "international superstars" since our celluloid debut in Italy. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! ;p